Agency , Hastings
Salary: £17,472 to £19,008 p/a
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 06/30/2019
We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Operative to work for a company based in St Leonards.
As a Warehouse Operative your primary function is the movement of goods from storage to customers, and raw materials entering the facility.
- You will prepare and load the trucks and containers ensuring all allotted products have been selected and loaded in an efficient and safe manner.
- You will be responsible for the rotation of stock.
- You will assist in random quality checks of stored product and will repackage any damaged material.
- You will assist the production and welding teams in the movement of finished goods into storage.
- You will monitor stock levels and alert the management team of low stock and anomalies.
- You will take responsibility for the conditions of the factory storage and loading yard and maintain an organised and cleanly facility.
- You will ensure that you record all required information clearly and diligently.
- Considered to be reliable, trustworthy and conscientious by other team members.
- Remains calm in a crisis and when under pressure.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and try out new ideas.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to use own initiative.
- Maintain professional and cleanly appearance suitable for the working environment.
- Demonstrates a caring and competent approach to team members.
- Supports, encourages and motivates the team to make best use of their abilities and strengths.
- Is physically fit and able to carry out duties.
- Demonstrates good written, oral and listening skills.
The right candidate must have previous warehouse experience and a Counterbalance Forklift licence.
Shifts: Usually 7.30am-4pm, depending on business needs.
Our aim is to try and respond to all applications, however, this is not always possible. Therefore, please be advised that if you have not heard from us within 7 days, your application for this particular role has been unsuccessful.
We do also offer candidates a free employability service where you can access careers advice and training courses, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01424 237237, if you feel that this would be of interest to you.