Agency , St Leonards
Salary: £20,644-22,644 p/a
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 18/01/2019
We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Manager to join a company based in St Leonards.
- The ultimate responsibility is yours for orders dispatched, goods received and recorded in, stock control, stock auditing, and stock rotation.
- You orchestrate the warehouse team to prepare and load the trucks and containers ensuring all allotted products have been selected and loaded in an efficient and safe manner.
- You will be responsible for the rotation of stock, you will assist in random quality checks of our stored product and ensure all damaged materials are repackaged and labeled appropriately.
- You will lead your team in assisting the production and welding teams in the movement of finished goods into storage.
- You will take responsibility for the conditions of the factory storage and loading yard and maintain an organised and clean facility.
- You will take a leading role in the development/digitisation of our storage organisation and stock controls, writing new procedures and lead your team through these changes.
- You will work with the Quality Manager to review risk assessments and procedures for the warehouse department.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Ensure you record all required information clearly and diligently.
- You will work closely and communicate clearly with the customer service team.
- You will record and check all goods in and take the relevant actions to alert the OM (Operations Manager) or QM (Quality Manager) to any issues.
- To maintain the loading equipment and ensure that is safe for use.
- To operate the loading equipment in a safe manner with an awareness of other around you.
- To report any defective safety equipment immediately and ensure all necessary safety actions are taken.
- To follow the company’s quality systems, processes and procedures.
- To monitor and supervise stock rotation ensuring goods are stored appropriately.
- To ensure raw materials are receipted, recorded, located and transferred correctly.
- Reliable, trustworthy and conscientious.
- Remain calm in a crisis and when under pressure.
- Is self-motivated and willing to learn and try out new ideas.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to use own initiative – is a problem solver.
- Maintain professional and cleanly appearance suitable for the working environment.
- Demonstrates a caring and competent approach to team members.
- A confident and patient mentor for trainee personnel, displaying an awareness of their needs.
- Demonstrates good administrative skills; is detailed, consciences and communicative.
- Is physically fit and able to carry out duties.
- Demonstrates good written, oral and listening skills.
- Demonstrates effective feedback skills.