Agency , Hastings
Salary: £7.50-13.14 per hour
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 31/03/2018
Our client in Hastings is seeking an experienced toolmaker to join their team.
The duties will be –
- To provide finished product to a pre-determined specification and tolerance.
- Working together with your colleagues to achieve and meet Customer demand.
- Delivery of output through the application of technical mechanical engineering knowledge and the operation of a range of suitable machinery, tools and equipment.
- Planning and organising structured processes of manufacture to ensure in each case a timely and high quality output is achieved to exact specification and tolerance.
- Ensuring a 100% accuracy rate is achieved when transferring information and/or data from technical drawings or another operational data source.
- Regular liaison with Designers and/or Customers to ensure exact requirement / demand is interpreted correctly by you and is clearly documented and included within your plan of manufacture.
The idea candidate will have –
- BTEC ONC in Mechanical & Production Engineering (or equivalent)
- Ability to understand, interpret and work to technical drawings.
- Able to provide finished product to the correct specification and to 100% of demand.
- Experience of working within a busy Tool Shop operating to tight, well-defined deadlines and Customer demand.
- Manual handling experience – able to demonstrate knowledge of handling equipment / tools safely and to agreed policy.
- PC Skills – including MS Windows and Windows based software.
- Practical, working knowledge within an Engineering workshop environment – including safe work practice, use of appropriate hand and machine tools plus the usual associated work equipment to maintain Tooling/apparatus
- The ability to identify and rectify within safe procedure, the correction and elimination of faults or operational problems.
£7.20-13.14 per hour
Shift Allowance 15%
33 Days leave per year (inc. statutory holidays)
Private Medical insurance
Pension and Life Cover