Agency , St Leonards
Salary: £15.5-17.5k p/a
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 31/03/2018
We are currently recruiting for a Production Operator to join a company in Hastings.
This role will require accurate assembly within a production environment, to create vacuum tubes to a high quality.
- Preparation and cleaning of components used in sub-assemblies.
- Manual assembly operations to build sub-assemblies
- Use of small hand tools.
- Use of some automated equipment used in assembly processes.
- Completion of paperwork, recording some data, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Possible use of welding and/or soldering equipment.
- Possible use of lathes, mills and drills.
- Measurement of parts and inspection (possibly using microscope).
- Effective communications with colleagues, and cross functional departments i.e. Test Engineering, Purchasing, etc….
- Promote and maintain awareness and compliance of health and safety in accordance with best practice, company policies and procedures, and legal requirements.
- Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) at C or above.
- Production experience.
- Use of hand tools.
- Basic Maths.
- Good concentration.
- High attention to detail.
- BTEC or equivalent in Production.
- Welding experience.
- Familiar with mechanical diagrams.
- Vacuum experience.