Production Controller / Mechanical Engineer
Salary: Starting at £22,500 to £23,000
Hours: Full Time
Closing date: 08/31/2019
We are currently recruiting for a Production Controller for a manufacturing company based in Hastings.
As Production Controller you will be responsible for the effective and safe operation of the production equipment and the staff on the shifts you are assigned. You will take a primary role in the production of material and will be vigilant to the needs of the production managers.
As Production Controller you will be the first line of support and mentorship for the production team and a supportive and proactive team member for the production management.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (Production Controller)
- Manage the production requirements of the extruders on the assigned shift.
- Take responsibility for the production output and ensure the team record all required information clearly and diligently.
- Arrange the staff working all extruders to achieve the production goals.
- Be a proactive mentor for new and existing staff in the development of their skills.
- Be a steward for the continual quality standards and the improvement of products, production procedures and equipment.
- Take a leading role, working to achieve efficiency goals, repairs and maintenance.
- To strictly follow all health and safety procedures/ regulations.
- Communicate clearly and diligently all relevant information to the Production management and other Production Controllers.
- Report any defective safety equipment immediately.
- Ensure that all equipment and the surrounding working spaces are kept in a clean and orderly condition.
- Take responsibility of the quality of the product that are produced in line with the company’s quality systems, processes and procedures.
- Make sure that finished goods are transferred from the extruders to the correct location.
- Ensure raw materials are receipted, recorded, located and transferred correctly.
- Ensure that all preparations for the next shift are completed.
- Site security.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (Mechanical Engineer)
- Help and assist in the improvement of production processes so they more efficient and cost effective, look at space constraints, material requirements and current needs.
- Design and implement cost effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability.
- General machine repairs/ responding to break downs / diagnosing faults that may occur.
- Summarise all data, documentation and information related to the production system in a detailed report for internal use.
- Maintain all company equipment is in top working condition by scheduling all repairs.
- Generate an accurate database of all production details.
- Overall responsible for making sure all maintenance has been carried out.
- Is considered to be reliable, trustworthy and conscientious by other team members.
- Remains calm in a crisis and when under pressure – is self-disciplined and demonstrates self-confidence.
- To understand fully and commit to current procedures and work to continuously improve production.
- Is self-motivated and willing to learn and try out new ideas.
- Knows own strengths and limitations.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to use own initiative.
- Maintain professional and cleanly appearance suitable for the working environment
- Ability to manage staff.
Our aim is to try and respond to all applications, however, this is not always possible. Therefore, please be advised that if you have not heard from us within 7 days, your application for this particular role has been unsuccessful.
We do also offer candidates a free employability service where you can access careers advice and training courses, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01424 237237 if you feel that this would be of interest to you.