Agency , St Leonards
Salary: £35-41k p/a
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 31/08/2018
We currently have an opportunity for a Procurement Manager to join our client in St Leonards.
We are looking for someone who has extensive Procurement Supply Chain experience in a manufacturing background.
The role may include some UK and occasional international travel.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with current suppliers, sourcing and cultivate new procurement opportunities and contacts
- Collaborate with internal and external senior stakeholders to realise key business requirements and goals
- Develop sourcing strategies to deliver cost savings and wider commercial benefits
- Use appropriate software and / or other resources to target 100% fulfilment of customer orders within company stocking policy, and to ensure appropriate prioritisation, timely supply and sensible utilisation of limited resources is achieved when meeting the company’s supply demand
- To be responsible for adhering to current stock level guidance for all finished goods, raw materials, component stock and work in progress
Experience and Qualifications
- Ideally CIP’s qualified
- An experienced procurement professional with demonstrable experience
- Proven experience of successful management of strategic supplier relationships, including excellent negotiation skills and a strong understanding of commercial terms, conditions and contract law
- An ability to monitor and analyse product costs and generate and maintain product cost models which demonstrate cost reductions
- Ability to challenge and ensure effective ways of working to ensure that systems and procedures are responsible to stakeholder requirements whilst demonstrating quality and value
Salary and Benefits
35 hours per week, Salary negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience, plus bonus scheme, 5 weeks annual leave plus statutory holidays, PHI, Pension and Life Insurance.