Agency , Hastings
Salary: Up to £19k p/a
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 07/31/2019
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant to work for a company based in Hastings.
- The applicant must be comfortable with the aspect of driving the company van, there is a requirement to routinely deliver goods to customers in the South East area of the UK as required and daily transfer of products and materials to other factory in Hastings.
- Ability to perform breakdown and routine maintenance on a variety of machines.
- Previous experience of carrying out basic repairs, Electrical, Pneumatic and Liquid handling.
- Ability to undertake some basic buildings maintenance.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
- Carry out routine PAT tests to a range of appliances.
- Clean and tidy appearance.
- Able to stand for long periods.
- Polite and friendly manner.
- Good listening skills.
Personal skills, abilities and competencies:
- Work well as part of a team.
- To step in and support production when necessary.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Completion of basic paperwork.
- Work without supervision.
- Use of tools and equipment relevant to post.
- Ability to respond to straightforward maintenance problems.
- Undertaking simple repairs and maintenance on machinery.
- Premises management.
- Clean drivers licence.
- Handling and lifting awareness.
- Ladder training.
- Basic Health & Safety.
Salary up to £19K p/a subject to experience.
Temp to perm for the right candidate.
Working hours: 40 per week. 07.30 – 16.30 Monday to Thursday, and 07.30- 13.30 Friday.