Trainee Finance Assistant
Agency , Ringmer
Salary: £16-18k p/a
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 31/01/2019
We are currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Assistant to work for a company in Ringmer.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
To participate as part of a team to ensure the finance department deadlines are met effectively.
To oversee the accurate and timely payment of suppliers in accordance to company policy and ensure methodical daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations are carried out.
- Processing incoming invoices and entering them on to the company’s account package.
- Checking supplier’s invoices against the company’s purchase orders.
- Check and reconcile supplier statements.
- Check and reconcile daily batch posting report.
- Liaise with suppliers on a regular basis, ensuring that any queries are dealt with in the required timescale.
- Ensuring all correct authorisations are gained prior to payment of supplier invoices.
- To participate in the smooth processing of all payable due via BACS, cheques and CHAP.
- Ordering of stationary & office provisions for the company.
- General administration including filing of purchase ledger invoices, credit notes and statements.
- Printing off customer invoices and credit notes daily and processing them through the folder and inserter machine.
- Collecting and franking the mail on a daily basis.
- Develop existing systems and processes in order to improve efficiency.
- Answering incoming telephone calls in to the accounts office.
- Communicate ideas for driving change management with the aim of improving the company’s internal processes.
- Actively safeguard against theft of company goods or property by being security conscious at all times.
- Take a pro-active approach in ensuring the health and safety of staff and customers, reporting and responding to any potential H & S concerns/issues.
- Perform any other reasonable duty as may be required by the company.
BEST PRACTICE EXPECTATIONS
- Strive at all times to maintain and develop productive and effective relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Develop effective relationships with staff to create a team work environment.
- Communicate all relevant key information across the business as appropriate.
- Ensure that all staff are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
- A clean, presentable appearance and courteous manner as an ambassador for the company.
- Records are accurate, organised and up to date.
- Invoices being paid when they become due.
- IT skills (good typing speed)
- Able to use Word/Excel
- Basic numeracy skills
- The ability to accurately enter data