Agency , West Malling
Salary: £32-34k per annum with bonuses
Hours: around 48 hours per week
Closing date: 30/09/2018
We are currently recruiting for a well known pub based in West Malling. The client prides themselves on using fresh local foods and they are looking for a passionate Chef with flair to take the food they offer at their restaurant to the next level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To determine the ingredients and equipment to be kept in the kitchen’s inventory.
- Control wage costs.
- Decide the specials and the menu.
- Decide the size of the portions to be served to the customers.
- Determine which garnishes should be used on the food.
- Supervise all kitchen staff.
- Be involved in the training of kitchen staff.
- Plan the menus.
- Stock control of ingredients.
- Deal with the suppliers.
- Maintain the budgetary targets.
- Ensures that health and safety guidelines are maintained in the kitchen.
- Reviews the daily roster of the different tasks in the kitchen.
- Keeps the SFBB book updated.
- Source new dishes from competition, cookery books, T.V. and the internet.
- Must have a passion and love for food.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Experienced with public relations.
- Excellent management and organisational skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Good attention to detail.
£32-34k per annum with bonuses.
If you are interested, please either apply or call 01424 237237