Client Manager – Accounts
Agency , Hastings
Salary: Salary dependent on experience
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 31/03/2018
We are currently recruiting for a Client Manager to join the Accounts team at a company in Hastings.
The Client Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day client relationships and services delivery within a portfolio of SME clients. The role will involve the application of technical expertise and relational skills to deliver a range of accounting and consulting services to clients.
Job duties will include –
- Year-end accounting, management accounting and bookkeeping VAT, payroll and tax work
- Overseeing the work of various team members – acting as Manager, reviewer and technical expert
- Being the final reviewer on most year-end and other compliance work, delivering and explaining the accounts to the client
- Co-ordinating the various departments around the company to ensure technical issues can be resolved swiftly
Broader Management responsibilities –
- Supporting and training junior staff
- Resource management and planning
- Developing and improving internal processes
- Business development activities
The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator with a natural ability to build and manage client relationships.
Must be extremely numerate and have a broad technical understanding across the accounting and tax skill set, as well as a track record of improving the product and service they deliver.
Key skills and attributes
- Qualified Accountant or Management Accountant with experience working directly with clients
- 2-4 years post qualified experience minimum
- An advanced user of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Experience using Iris, Xero and Sage is desirable
- Good time-keeper, and can handle a busy work load, delegating work across their team