Agency , St Leonards
We are currently recruiting for an experienced claims handler to work in a local insulating company, you will be working in the claims department and work closely with clients, and when appropriate with external agencies.
Your role consists of:
• Establish the viability of each claim and complete the initial desktop investigation.
• To liaise with the claimant, insurance companies and other parties such as material/product manufacturers, specialist contractors, our client as necessary.
• To seek legal advice where appropriate and follow legal proceedings as necessary.
• To liaise with the Senior Management Team in order to make an assessment of the claim and agree appropriate action.
• To make arrangements for on-site investigations to be carried out utilising internal and external resources.
• Where liability has been established, arrange for remedial works to be carried out, either through a mini tender, a directly nominated sub-contractor or via our own in-house resources.
• Make arrangements for 100% Quality Monitoring to be carried out on completed remedial works and report on individual contractor performance.
• To prepare and submit accurate quotations to our client for remedial works where the value exceeds the agreed threshold.
• To prepare and submit accurate reports tracking the status of all active claims.
• To provide a clear audit trail on the work carried out in relation to each claim and to update our systems where applicable.
• To attend and lead on internal and external meetings relating to such claims (driving license and own car essential) which may involve overnight stays.
• Assist with completing a risk analysis following the closure of each claim to avoid any future liabilities.
• Assist with other Compliance tasks when requested to, and in accordance with business needs.
• Undertake any ad-hoc administrative duties as requested.
• Demonstrate a flexible approach when carrying out delegated tasks.
• Assist with the management of internal audits.
• Show a willingness to complete tasks within a given time scale.
• Act in a professional manner at all times and provide excellent customer service to claimants, clients and stakeholders.
Salary dependent on experience
If you are interested, please apply!