Get into Construction (CSCS)
Wk 1 | Mon,Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Wk 2 | Mon | 9:30am to 3:30pm
This course offers an introduction to working in the construction industry. It includes the health and safety qualifications and tests required to obtain a 5-year CSCS Labourer’s card. By studying Maths and English you’ll add extra value to your CV and be able to work in a wider range of construction jobs.
What will you learn?
- Legal responsibilities for health and safety on a construction site
- Personal protective equipment, emergencies, accident reporting, and dealing with ill-health within the construction environment
- Searching for a job in construction, planning for progression and effective communication
- Working with numbers, using measures, understanding shapes and calculating space and handling data
- Improving use of punctuation and written presentation
- Improving and practising spelling and using a range of reading techniques
- Level 1 Construction Health and Safety
- Level 1 Award in Employability
- Certificate in Functional Skills Maths and English from Entry Level Two up to Level Two
The training provider will fund learners for one CSCS Health Safety & Environment test and a 5-year CSCS card. To receive these funded options learners must complete the three qualifications and successfully pass the mock test.
Start date: 29 Jul 2019